Representative Dykema is always looking for motivated individuals to work as interns in her State House office. Ideal candidates will be professional, responsible, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
An unpaid internship at the State House is a wonderful opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge of Beacon Hill and the legislative process. Internships are offered on a full or part-time basis and are available for undergraduate students.
As an intern, you will be able to serve in many different capacities and learn how the State Legislature operates. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Attending committee hearings, issues briefings and meetings
- Researching legislation and policy
- General office work including:
- Answering telephone calls and greeting visitors
- Processing constituent correspondence
- Database entry
- Preparing and sending letters to constituent
- Filing, both traditional and electronic
- Working on special projects as needed
The particular policy areas an intern works on change from time to time, but in general involve environmental and water issues, healthcare, veterans and economic development. During their term, interns are encouraged to attend briefings, committee hearings, and lectures of personal interest.
All are welcome to apply. Knowledge of or connection to the 8th Middlesex district is a plus. To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Andrea Pessolano at Andrea.Pessolano@mahouse.gov.
Please call the office at (617) 722-2210 with any questions.